The AWS Training Architect role
EMPOWER | INSPIRE | EDUCATE
Our Training Architects are cloud experts who love sharing their knowledge of and passion for cloud computing with others. They are part technical SME, part coach and are fuelled by a love of learning about the latest cloud technologies. Training Architects make and maintain the content on the A Cloud Guru online learning platform – basically the video lessons, live lab environments, assessments, study guides and flashcards that our students love. They are supported by a dedicated content team that includes content managers, video editors, technical reviewers and learning specialists. So even if training or content creation isn’t something you’ve done before, you will have all the support you need to turn your passion into expertise.
As a Training Architect you’ll have the opportunity to become a global thought leader and help our global community to gain new skills, advance their careers and improve their organisations.
Hello, we’re A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated.
Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform and our content team, the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning content. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Everyone on our team genuinely cares about our students, the quality of their education, and what that can mean for their careers and their lives. When that’s driving your decision-making process, the other pieces fall into place naturally. – Pete, VP of Education & Research
Our Content Team
At A Cloud Guru, content is king. We really care about making quality content that doesn’t just teach our students, it makes their learning journey fun and engaging. The content team is made up of content specialists from diverse backgrounds including publishing, engineering and tech, video production, consulting, and learning design. They work as a team with Training Architects to plan, develop and deliver the market-leading cloud-learning that our students know and love.
From day one, our content team has prided itself on innovation in online learning and we’re looking for someone who can actively contribute to that culture of progressive innovation and excellence.
As a Training Architect at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Use your advanced AWS skills to create learning content that will not just educate but give practical professional skills to our global learning community
- Help people grow and develop their careers
- Become a thought leader in the cloud computing space
- Attend the biggest and best cloud conventions like AWS re:Invent
- Learn about and work hands-on with the latest cloud tools and products
We are looking for someone who can:
- Learn how to create our trademark A Cloud Guru learning content including real-world, hands-on and scenario driven labs
- Work closely with the content team and their feedback to deliver content to schedule
- Engage and communicate effectively with the cloud community
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren’t required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years hands-on experience working with AWS
- At least 1 associate or higher level AWS certification
- An interest in creating AWS training content
- Ability to undertake limited domestic and/or international travel for conferences or events
- Experience providing mentoring, training or coaching
- Ability to explain and translate technical concepts in simple, easy to understand terms
- Contributions to the AWS community through e.g. blogging, forums, YouTube channels, conference participation, open-source code projects etc.
- Demonstrated experience creating technical content relating to AWS
- Technical content creation skills such as video/audio recording and editing
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
Free paid time off (PTO) for Certs. All Gurus that pass a cloud certification get an extra PTO day on us. This helps us empathize with our customers’ experience.
Full stack wellbeing. We offer nutrition consultations, and workshops on mindfulness, stress management, and more.
Weekly idea hours. We dedicate 2 hours every week to put aside our normal work to focus on learning something new
Expand your family. We offer gender-neutral paid parental leave above the required minimum in all our locations.
Company events. We have BIG quarterly events to celebrate a value, and monthly fun events to keep the connection.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll bring you onsite to talk face to face, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you’re on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.
*Changes as a result of COVID-19
TL;dr – All interviews will be video calls using Zoom
The health and wellbeing of our current and prospective staff is our number one concern so at the moment, we’re doing all our interviews using Zoom. That’s the only major change. Substantively the interview will be exactly the same. If you are invited to a video interview, your recruiter will provide you with a link to the call and some tips around how to set yourself up. You don’t need a Zoom licence, just a decent internet connection and a compatible device.